Friday, May 17, 2013

Busy Busy

I am sorry to have been gone for so long but there have been some things that have kept me away.

1. For those of you who are wondering about my weight loss adventure, one of the main reasons I began this line of communication~ there is so much to tell you that I am saving it for a whole separate entry. God has done some remarkable things that I want to share with you.

2. I have been very blessed to have had some repurposing to do!! YEAH!! The winter does not seem to allow as much business as does the warmer months. Over Spring break I got 2 paying projects. One I did not take pics of, sorry but it was a 60x60 maple table that I painted black with distressing. It was a challenge due to the large surface of the table top. I also used a marine varnish seeing that it was going to be a kitchen, well used table. Lesson from this is NEVER AGAIN!!!! Poly it is for this girl. (I am finding in this business that lessons are learned on each project)

The other project came from my sister in law. She had this piece that she bought from Pier One years ago out on her covered porch. But as you can see each year the mold was unbelievable and difficult to clean off. So I put a black enamel paint on it with a red interior (unfortunately they are UGA fans). She also wanted the slats on the doors removed. WELL that took the pro, my dad who happened to be in town visiting, to help with that one.  The before and after are below. My dad turned me on to a new product called Rock Hard. It is a wood putty that actually dries rock hard that you can sand it just like wood. We needed that for all the slat's holes that were left. My s-i-l bought a drapery panel at Target and I cut the curtains and sewed those suckers up ( yes I can sew straight lines) This is about as domestic as I get.

I am very grateful that it looks as though I will have some other projects to keep me busy for the next few weeks. I promise to take pictures this time.




























3. The other reason I have been gone so long is below! Need I say more! We added this little fella the first of May and I have been a busy momma. I forgot how time consuming a puppy can be. I am not sure who is training who with the house training. His name is Moose and of course my boys, husband and son, picked him out because he was the largest! He is having to learn about chewing, I have already lost my iphone charger, a pair of shoes (straps are missing??) and my daughter's flipflops (thank the Lord they are only 2,50 at Old Navy)

Could you just eat him up?
Loves hiding in the candy tuft in one of the islands.






No comments:

Post a Comment